[OpenMap Users] OMPoly getShape() method [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Gong, Joyce (Contractor) <"Gong,>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 12:47:21 +0930

UNCLASSIFIED

Hi,

I'm new to geospatial space and OpenMap so bear with me.

The API documentation for OMPoly getShape() says:

Get the array of java.awt.Shape objects that represent the projected
graphic. The array will contain more than one Shape object of the object
wraps around the earth and needs to show up in more than one place on
the map.

I've got an OMPoly with some points on it (representing a route with
waypoints). What I'm actually trying to find out is whether the OMPoly
has wrapped around the earth to other edge of the screen.
I am iterating through the General Path returned by getShape() and am
getting the following results:
(1) a route with no waypoints returns a count of 2
(2) a route with no waypoints that's wrapped returns a count of 4
(3) a route with 1 waypoint that's not wrapped returns a count of 3
(4) a route with 1 waypoint that's wrapped returns a count of 6

Does this mean each line is represented by 2 point shapes? But why does
(4) return a count of 6?

Just trying to get a handle on this to get expected number of objects
back.

Thanks,
Joyce

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.