Re: [OpenMap Users] From 4.6.5 to 5.0

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:28:46 -0400

Hi Rusian,

If your shape file has decimal degree coordinates in it, you call it
with null, or with a com.bbn.openmap.proj.coords.LatLonGCT object.

OpenMap doesn't have code yet that reads the .prj file and determines
which GCT object to use in case it holds pre-projected coordinates.
But if you know that it's something other than decimal degrees,
there's a hook there in the API to convert the coords on the fly.