Re: [OpenMap Users] Intesection of a path

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:22:06 -0400

Hi Tony,

There's nothing written right now that will automatically convert an
OMGraphic to a GeoExtent. That ShapeGeoIndex class is the closest thing to
it. That said, it is a model of how you could enter VPF data into a
GeoIndex. You can gather OMGraphics for VPF and then translate them.

If you want to know if a path intersects a land mass using DTED, you do
something similar to the com.bbn.openmap.layer.terrain.ProfileGenerator -
get the points along your path, and then use a DTEDFrameCache to query for
elevations for lat/lons along the path. I'm not sure how you would use DTED
with the GeoIndex, unless you created vector objects from the grid data.