[OpenMap Users] obtain shape from oMGeometry

From: Schumann B. <Benjamin.Schumann_at_soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:13:44 +0100

Hi,
In addition to the path described inmy previous question, I also try to follow this path:

1: Access all layers from the map in use:
        Layers = myGisMap.getLayers();
2: find the political area at the center of the myGisMap:
        politicalArea = layers[0].findPoliticalArea(map.getCenterLongitude(), map.getCenterLatitude());
3: get a OMGeometryList
        oMGeometryList = politicalArea.getGeometry();
4: get a geometry
        oMGeometry = oMGeometryList.getAt(0);

I do get a geometry and when I run "traceln(oMGeometryList.getDescription());" I find something like

"OMGraphicList with 95 OMGraphics
|--> OMGraphicList with 1 OMGraphic
     |--> OMPoly

|--> OMGraphicList with 1 OMGraphic
     |--> OMPoly "

This list is actually much longer, showing 95 OMGraphics with 153 OMPolys. So there appears to be something in the oMGeometryList.
However, when I want to extract an OMGeometry from it using "oMGeometry = oMGeometryList.getAt(0);" this oMGeomtry-object has NULL-attributes.

Also, in the API. It says about OMGeometry that "geometry classes are intended to pull the object location data out of the OMGraphics.". This is what I want, but how?

In principle, I just want to query the shp-file if a certain lat/lon is within any shapes/features etc.

Again, I am very interested in any pointers, thanks a lot in advance
cheers

Benjamin Schumann
Tel.: 00493091149702
Mobil: 004915776816125
Institute for Complex Systems Simulation & Computational Engineering Design Group
School of Engineering Sciences
University of Southampton (UK)
Postal Address:
Damerowstrasse 43c