[OpenMap Users] EditableLabeledOMPoly snapping to grid unexpectedly

From: <phil.kelso_at_l-3com.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:51:45 -0600

OK, I admit this is a strange problem, but I am out of ideas so I am
submitting this to find out if I am the only one experiencing this
problem or not. I developed a vector tool using a 2 point LabeledOMPoly
that displays distance and azimuth as soon as the second point is
placed. "Mysteriously" (I cannot figure out what causes this to occur)
the second point will begin snapping to an invisible grid. This grid
appears to be measured in either feet or meters, but the distance used
equates to exactly 0.25 degrees longitude and some fraction of degrees
latitude (distance varies depending how close or far from equator). As
soon as I recompile *my* code (I am running with an Openmap.jar file in
my application) the problem corrects itself *magically* without changing
one single line of code anywhere. I am building my EditableLabeledOMPoly
with RENDERTYPE_LATLON and LINETYPE_RHUMB. I don't see how this could be
a Openmap problem, but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced
anything like this.

Phil Kelso