[OpenMap Users] How to display specific bounding box?

From: Руслан Сорокин <sorokin_at_oogis.ru>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:16:30 +0300

Hello OpenMap users and team!

I want to write a method that make MapBean to display some bounding box of the coordinates in degrees. In OpenMap API I have found the method getScale(T ll1, T ll2, java.awt.geom.Point2D point1, java.awt.geom.Point2D point2). But, I can't understand quite well what its parameters mean. What is a "pixel spot"? Do pixel coordinates (x,y) presented here somewhere in these four java.awt.geom.Point2D objects (I mean ll1, ll2, point1and point2)? Can somebody explain me this method in more detalis?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And, by the way, when we can hope to get 5.0 release? I remember that november 7 date twinkled somewhere :)

Sincerely,
  Ru