[OpenMap Users] return type of projection.inverse() ?

From: Kuhl, Frederick S. <fkuhl_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 18:42:57 +0000

I applaud many of the changes in OpenMap 5.0. The redesign of OMGraphic and OMGraphicList, for instance, is well done.

But why does projection.inverse() return a Point2D rather than a LatLonPoint? Yes, I know it returns <T extends Point2D>, which is even more confusing. The decision to have LatLonPoint extend Point2D appears to be a mistake. They really are different things.