[OpenMap Users] Reading and querying shapefiles

From: Kedar Deshpande <kedardeshpande87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:22:39 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to create an application that reads a given shapefile and
answers to queries like 'what is the zip code for given latitude,longitude'.
I have a US Census TIGER shapefile that has Zipcode Tabulation Areas. I am
not trying to plot or render any map using this file.
I just need to get zipcode for a given lat/long. Is there a package, class
in the OpenMap library that will help me in doing this ?

Thanks,
Kedar