Re: [OpenMap Users] Border around raster imagery with WMS and TRANSPARENT=TRUE

From: Daniel A Hale <Daniel.A.Hale_at_Raytheon.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:06:52 -0500

Sorry about taking so long to get back on this.

Yes, that hunch is correct - when I switch the image format to image/png
the black background goes away. I never did figure out what had changed
between 4.6.5 and 5.0 that accounted for this behavior when using
image/gif, but I did find that we did not need to have the transparency set
to "TRUE," so we worked around it by applying a background color.

Daniel Hale