Re: [OpenMap Users] Rpf layer issue

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 19:33:53 -0500

HI Michael,

You shouldn't have to make the A.TOC file unless you are reorganizing the image tiles and combining data sets. If you have an existing data set (RPF directory with an A.TOC file inside it) that should be fine. The path that should be given to the layer is the path to the RPF directory. Make sure the projection type is CADRG. To view RPF data in the SimpleMap2 app, you'll need to add some code.

I was able to view RPF data by adding a couple of lines, the first setting a CADRG projection on the map:

        mapBean.setProjection(new CADRG(new LatLonPoint.Double(43.0, -95.0), 120000000f, mapBean.getWidth(), mapBean.getHeight()));

and then adding an RPF layer:

        mapHandler.add(new RpfLayer(new String[] {"/Volumes/data/RPF/main/RPF"}));

That's the path to my data. Yours will, of course, be different.

You can add an RPF layer to the main OpenMap application, com.bbn.openmap.app.Main, by modifying the openmap.properties file. There's an entry in there for RPF data (jrpf) - you just have to follow the directions for modifying that file, which are inside the file.