[OpenMap Users] Timeline from propeties file, examples?

From: Gary Briggs <chunky_at_icculus.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 18:41:21 -0400

Hey All,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to go from the default
openmap.properties to adding all the things I need to have a running
timeline-type getup.

I'm having a hard time interpreting the docs, but I think I've got it
down to two big pieces:

1. The GUI
Looking at app/TimeFrameApp.java, I think I need a Hotwash panel, a
TimePanel, and EventPanel, and an EventListPresenter, but no combination
of adding these to openmap.components [with their respective .class
definitions below it] seems to end up showing the GUI pieces I need,
while I do get to see some stuff if I launch it thus:

java -jar openmap.jar com.bbn.openmap.app.TimeFrameApp

2. The Data
I think I need to get to use a CSVEventImporter to actually get stuff
working but I have to admit, it's also a bit opaque to me in the javadoc;
do I need one file with two columns [name and icon], and another with
at least four columns, a reference to the name in the first file, a lat,
lon, and time?

Do the example files org-list.csv and org-activities.csv [references in
the example properties of CSVEventimporter] exist
anywhere? Monkey-see-monkey-do is all I think I need for this :-)

Thank-you very much,
Gary