[OpenMap Users] CSV files and Circles

From: Gary Briggs <chunky_at_icculus.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 12:51:28 -0400

Morning,

I haven't discovered an existing way to do this in openmap; If I need to
implement this myself, I would appreciate a little guidance if possible.

Basically, I just want something similar to CSV Location Layer, but with
an extra column, "Radius". When radius is specified, a circle is drawn
instead of a point, of the world-space radius described in that column. I
can't see it currently possible anywhere [since pointRadius/pointOval
appear to be in screen-space, and even if they were in world-space,
they're fixed for the entire file rather than per-row]

Am I missing something obvious?

If not, I had several thoughts on how best to implement it, but I wasn't
sure what the best way to do it is [where "best" might include "will be
accepted as a patch"]:
* Modify CSVLocationHandler to include an optional "radiusIndex" parameter
  * Seems easiest, but looking at the code I'm having a hard time figuring
     out how I'd do it. It's not clear to me that starting with something
     that always works with URLRasterLocation is the way to go
* Extend CSVLocationHandler, create CSVCircleHandler
  * Intuitively I might add majorRadius and minorRadius, to make ellipses
     a "freebie" here.
* Create a new handler of sorts

I just don't know. I'm still sometimes having a hard time really
identifying the flow of data in the code, which is possibly leading me
to some confusion too.

Cheers,
Gary