Re: [OpenMap Users] A few random questions

From: Gary Briggs <chunky_at_icculus.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 20:39:33 -0400

Hey Don,

As always, I appreciate your in-depth responses. I'll have to go away
and experiment with the mouse things.

JNI with FORTRAN... yeah, I just don't hate myself enough to travel
that path. I might try the network route, though; that's a lot more
feasible especially for the other constraints of this model. Does openmap
have a network protocol to talk already?

One thing I've been pondering is implementing some subset of KML as a
layer in openmap. That way I could use something that works like a KML
network link, and implement something like a KML link ...thing... in
the FORTRAN model. Lots of potential ideas to experiment with.

Cheers!
Gary