[OpenMap Users] ESRI shape files won't be displayed

From: Jan Peters-Anders <petersja_at_gmx.at>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:34:21 +0200 (MEST)

Hello again,

now I am getting closer to uderstanding the principles behind OpenMap, still
my ESRI shape files won't be displayed. If I use the code below in my
openmap.properties, the shapes seem to load (at least I don't get an error
message), the layer is in the layer list and can be chosen for display. The
problem is, that nothing is displayed. I still have my world political
boundaries and the graticule, but nothing else. When I use the PlugInLayer
class instead I get the error message:

*** ERROR ***
LayerHandler: Skipped "test" - unable to create
*************
Here's my code:

#ESRI Testlayer Austria

#test.class=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.PlugInLayer
test.class=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.esri.EsriLayer
test.prettyName=Austria Federal Boundaries
test.plugin=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.esri.EsriPlugIn
test.plugin.shp=file://y:/peters/openmapdata/lgrenz_m34.shp
test.plugin.shx=file://y:/peters/openmapdata/lgrenz_m34.shx
test.plugin.dbf=file://y:/peters/openmapdata/lgrenz_m34.dbf
test.plugin.lineColor=ff000000
test.plugin.fillColor=ffff0000

Thank you very much in advance

Jan

--
Remember, Linux is a wigwam: No Windows. No Gates. Apache inside.
.