Re: [OpenMap Users] OMGraphicHandlerPlugIn and GestureResponsePolicy

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 19:03:46 -0400

Hi Paul,

On Aug 27, 2004, at 12:33 AM, Chisholm, Paul wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application where a layer is continually updated with data
> retrieved from a server, so I am handling it by subclassing
> OMGraphicHandlerPlugIn.
>
> I have previously used OMGraphicHandlerLayer which has convenience
> methods for things such as tooltips and menus (by implementing the
> GestureResponsePolicy interface). Is there already a way of accessing
> such functionality in an OMGraphicHandlerPlugIn subclass or do I have
> implement GestureResponsePolicy myself.

Yeah, I didn't get around to that. You should be able to take the GRP
code from OMGraphicHandlerLayer, and set the PlugIn as the GRP in the
PlugInLayer.

> Or would it be better to use OMGraphicHandlerLayer and deal with
> SwingWorker.

SwingWorker shouldn't be something to deal with, it's automatically
called, and should be pretty invisible to you. Just override the
prepare() method, and any other GRP methods you need