[OpenMap Users] Re: Old question about hidden GUI components

From: Peter Wilkes <pwilkes_at_cowpie.acm.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:08:10 -0400 (EDT)

Don,

        a couple of months ago i sent you a question about the rosette
being hidden in solaris 8. well one of our engineers was able to jump into
the source code and figure out what the problem was.

Turns out the imageicon was returning a size of 0 for height and width
effectively making the rosette hidden.

we have only tested this on our target machine so we can not vouche for it
working universally however i'm hoping your group can put some good use to
it.

thanks

Pete