Re: [OpenMap Users] Overriding createCoordinateInformationLine did not work, same coordinates displayed as before

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:21:03 -0500

On Dec 10, 2004, at 12:43 PM, Steve Frierdich wrote:

> Piotr Kamiński wrote:
>
>   The overriding of the createCoordinateInformationLine function did
> not work. The steps taken to override the function were:
>
> • Override the createCoordinateInformationLine by deriving a
> SaidsCoordMouseMode  from the NavMouseMode2 class, and overriding the
> CreateCoordinateInformationLine function in the derived class so it
> returns a string of UTM or MGRS coordinated

////////////////////
> • Derived Nav Mouse Mode varaible from the  SaidsCoordMouseMode
> class instead of the NavMouseMode2 class and add this variable to the
> mouse delegator.
>
> <>     private SaidsCoordMouseMode /*NavMouseMode2*/ navMouseMode2;
>      navMouseMode2 = new SaidsCoordMouseMode();
> mouseDelegator.addMouseMode(navMouseMode2);
///////////////////

You don't have to do this part if you are creating MouseModes in the
openmap.properties file. The method above is a failsafe in case the
mouse modes aren't added to the openmap.components properties and the
MouseDelegator is.

> • To  set the navMouseNode like is done in openamaps.property file.
> The name of the project is saids, and the SaidsCoordMouseMode  is the
> class that is inherited from the NavMouseMode2 class.
>
> <>Code in saids.properties file to set nav mouse mode:
> saids.components=navMouseMode
> navMouseMode.class=com.cme.mirss.saids.mapdisplayj.SaidsCoordMouseMode

What's looking for the saids.components property?

- Don