[OpenMap Users] Right mouse click with MACINTOSH OS X on OMGraphicHandlerLayer ???

From: Ed MacKerrow <mackerrow_at_lanl.gov>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:14:02 -0700

Dear OM User Group,

I have run into an interesting challenge...

We have a built a layer that extends OMGraphicHandlerLayer

The OMGraphicHandlerLayer is supposed to be able to handle mouse events
through the GestureResponsePolicy interface it implements.

I have the following properties set on my layer:

layer.mouseModes=Gestures
layer.consumeEvents=true

Our code for this layer runs fine on Windows ( a right click brings up a
panel). HOWEVER on the Mac a control-click, shift-click, any kind of
click... Does not register. I do not think the layer is responding at all
to the Mac since in debug mode with a breakpoint set to catch the click, I
do not see the mouse event.... ?

Is there something special that has to be set for Mac (and Linux) for
OMGraphicHandlerLayers to work with mouse events? Note that mouse over
events on the layer work fine.

Has anyone else successfully used OMGraphicHandlerLayers and right mouse
events.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you might provide on this?

Ed