Re: [OpenMap Users] Query regarding loading Maps in Openmap

From: Chan Kwang Mien <chankm_at_i2r.a-star.edu.sg>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:54:18 +0800

hi Don,

thanks for your help.

I have downloaded a few free shape files from some websites and I would
like to open these shape files
in OpenMap.

I changed the shapePolitical.shapeFile and shapePolitical.spatialIndex in
OpenMap.properties to the
names of those shape files. for example :

shapePolitical.shapeFile=data/shape/roads.shp
shapePolitical.spatialIndex=data/shape/roads.ssx

However, there was no display of the shape files. I also created the ssx using
java -cp com.bbn.openmap.layer.SpatialIndex -c roads.ssx roads.shp. But
that didn't help.

I assume that OpenMap should be able to open any files with .shp extension.
Is that true ?

Thank you.

regards,
Kwang Mien