[OpenMap Users] creating new drawing tools

From: Raj Singh <raj_at_rajsingh.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:12:09 -0500

Hi group. I want to create a new line tool that is different in 2 ways:
1. the line is created with a paintbrush-type motion--i.e. a MouseDrag
2. this is a multi-user scenario, so graphics must be tagged with a user-id.

I've searched through the archives, read the '7.10. How do I
programmatically use the Drawing Tool?" FAQ, and searched through the
code. It looks like there's a lot of integration between many components
to implement drawing functionality, and I'm worried (actually I'm sure)
I don't have a full understanding of the flow of control.

So...my question is, can anyone walk me through this a little better?
This would probably be a good FAQ: "How do I extend a drawing tool?"

thanks,
Raj