[OpenMap Users] Significance of .sbn and .sbx Shapefiles?

From: Ed MacKerrow <mackerrow_at_lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:49:47 -0600

Dear OM Users,

I am loading some ShapeFiles into a ShapeLayer and not having too much
problems, however, in the directory with .shp, .shx, and .dbf files, there
are also two other files, .sbn and .sbx.

Do I need to pay attention to these files, should I just ignore them like I
am currently doing?

What are these files used for?

Thanks for your help

Ed