Re: [OpenMap Users] Another NITF Question

From: Tony Bigbee <abigbee_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:21:02 -0400

One options includes invoking command line utilities via
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("command parameters") and setting up a
simple multi-threaded processing pipeline. You need libraries to:

a) convert from NITF to other image format(s)
b) extract metadata like 4-corner info and timestamps:

Two for you to consider:

GDAL utilities
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_utilities.html

AFRL NITF tools
https://www.sdms.afrl.af.mil/tools/nitf/

This is all done fairly easily on a unix system, don't know how easy
it is to do in Windows infrastructure but it appears theoretically
possible.

Tony Bigbee