Re: [OpenMap Users] Zoom extents

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:09:34 -0400

Hi Romano,

On Aug 25, 2005, at 12:20 PM, Cap Romano (IMBEL) wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> your answers are very helpful. I noticed that OpenMap is not very
> OpenGIS
> compliant. Is there any thoughts of making it compatible with OpenGIS
> specifications?

There are thoughts about it, but it doesn't seem to be very high on
our customer's list of requirements (requirements that are funded,
that is).

>>> Can I set a coordinate system to a layer different than the one
>>> I set
>>> to the MapBean?
>>
>> Not at the moment, but we hope to be implementing some sort of
>> translation mechanism soon.
>
> Is there anyone in particular currently working in such a task? Do
> you have any
> class diagram or any other diagram that shows how this
> functionality is going to
> look like?

There isn't a class diagram, but it would work by setting a different
Projection object on the MapBean. The trick is having Layers
attached to the MapBean that manage OMGraphics in a way that agree
with a different coordinate systems. Defining OMGraphics for
different coordinate systems will also be somewhat of a challange
that will have to be addressed, as there is quite a bit of semantic
assumptions that occur with respect to how an OMGraphic is defined
and what those coordinates mean.