[OpenMap Users] Displaying Streetnames - Beginner

From: su mo <sumo18_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:30:25 +0530

Hi,

I am using latest openmap. I need to display street name from the DBF file.

My questions are:

1. How do I get the lat/long for the street name?

I think they are stored in shp file. But when I use EsriGraphicList.iterator
().next(),
I get EsriPolyLine. But the EsriPolyLine.getLat() and getLong() always
return 0.0, 0.0
even after tried to set the RenderType to latlong on the EsriPolyLine.

2. How do I take care of orientation of street name display and zoom changes
on main
map?

-Thanks in advance
 -Sumo