[OpenMap Users] Question about OMPoint data precision WRT next release of OpenMap

From: Pierce, Deborah <djv_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:04:48 -0500

Hi Don,
  I'm hoping that the release of Openmap 4.7 will address an issue that
I came across in Openmap 4.6.2. We connected Openmap to a
GPS system we have that produces lat/lon data as double. But, to
show the data on OpenMap, we had to cast the data to float to show
data using OMPoint. When we brought up the data in Openmap,
unfortunately, the GPS points showed the loss of precision, the data
formed
an obvious grid.
  To fix this, I had to extend OMPoint (OMPointDouble),
extend Mercator (MercatorDouble) and extend
BasicProjectionLoader (MercatorDoubleLoader), and use my derived
classes
to show the data. Is this going to be fixed in OpenMap 4.7?
        Regards,
        Debbie Pierce
        MITRE Corporation