RE: [OpenMap Users] repainting issues in openmap 4.6.2

From: Butler, Jason <Jason.Butler_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:32:29 +1030

Thanks Don,

That fixed my problem.

Best regards,

Jason Butler.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Dietrick [mailto:dietrick_at_bbn.com]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:51 PM
To: Butler, Jason
Cc: openmap-users_at_bbn.com
Subject: Re: [OpenMap Users] repainting issues in openmap 4.6.2

Hi Jason,

On Jan 22, 2006, at 7:39 PM, Butler, Jason wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> Yes, The layers that are not repainting are layers that I have
> written.
> The custom layer extends the Layer classs.
>
> The projectionChanged method code is as follows:
>
> public void projectionChanged(com.bbn.openmap.event.ProjectionEvent
> theEvent)
> {
> if(setProjection(theEvent) == null)
> {
> //Nothing to do, already have it and have acted on it
> return;

Actually, you need to call repaint() here. If your layer is the only
one on the map, you need to have something calling repaint on the
MapBean. You can check out the
com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.StandardPCPolicy for notes. The policy
objects really only affect OMGraphicHandlerLayers, but you get the
idea...