Re: [OpenMap Users] Linking movement of OMPoints to the OMLines between them.

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:23:56 -0400

Hi Peter,

The easiest way to do this in a single layer is to create your own
OMGraphic class that creates a compound OMGraphic based on some
endpoint settings. A couple of OMPoints and an OMLine would be
created internally, and updating the coordinates on your OMGraphic
would update all the sub-OMGraphics as well. You could add methods
to control the visibility of the line or points. If you extend
OMGraphicList to create your custom OMGraphic, you could have your
OMGraphic add its OMPoints and OMLine to itself and it would behave
as a single OMGraphic.

If you really needed to have the points and lines on different
layers, you could then add the OMPoints to one layer and the OMLines
to another, but still control the setting/updating of the coordinates
from a central component (which would also take care of letting the
layers know they need to regenerate/repaint their OMGraphics).