Re: [OpenMap Users] Include Properties

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:10:35 -0400

Hi Sunny,

I think you are on the right track. The base.properties will be
loaded before the parent properties are loaded, and the parent's
settings will override anything set in the base.properties.

The easiest way to do this is to keep the common layer definitions in
base.properties, and in the specific properties files define a
separate openmap.layers property for the layers you want for that
condition.

There's no generic way to replace $(openmap.layers) with a previously
defined set of layers, Properties don't work like that when they are
read in. You could have a different component, with it's own .layers
property, create specific layers for a set of conditions, and then
contact the LayerHandler with the conditional layers - so the
LayerHandler would only create the common layers in the
openmap.layers property located in the base.properties file.

I think I would go with the different openmap.layers property for the
different properties files, there's no code to write and you can
control the order of the layers from there.

- Don