[OpenMap Users] Spatial Index

From: JR Andreassen <janrune_at_io.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:59:13 -0600

Hi...
 I've created a Spatial Index package/class that does helps out a lot
on a ShapePlugin layer.
It's loosly based on the Shape.SpatialIndex, with minor changes.
It's only a lineas search right now, but it makes it concidderably
qucker to redraw the screen.
I'll share it to be included if there is an intrest.

   JR

P.S. I also tried it with an R* tree, but the improvements were
marginal, and creation time was exponential.