[OpenMap Users] Whats the right way to rotate a label

From: JR Andreassen <janrune_at_io.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:35:37 -0600

Hi...

I'm back to trying to rotate Text labels to follow a OMGraphic.
What is the correct way to get it done?
Any samples anywhere ??

My goal is to put in Road/Street names, but make it follow a segment.
Also, at the same time I can ask the question again
What are the possibilities of adding a couple of methods to the
OMLabeler interface.

    /**
     * Set the Object beeing labeled by this OMLabeler
     * _at_param omg The Object beeing labeled
     */
    public void setLabeledObject(OMGraphic omg);

    /**
     * Get the Object beeing labeled by this OMLabeler
     * _at_return OMGraphic The Object beeing labeled
     */
    public OMGraphic getLabeledObject();

It would convinient for the labler to know what it was labeling.
We could find the size the Graphic beeing labeled, was smaller than the
Label.
    Don't label(Until it was)
.In the case of roads or other plylines you can find out the path and
label along it
    (Hopefully. I'm currenty trying to acomplish that)

Thanks
    JR