[OpenMap Users] Debug takes a lot of cpu

From: Tore Halset <halset_at_pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:06:10 +0100

Hello.

I am doing some profiling of my app here and it looks like Debug is
using way too much cpu. Ofthen used methods like Length.roRadians and
LLXY.forward all calls Debug.debugging that does a
Hashtable.containsKey.

I do not want and openmap debug output, but changing Debug.On to
false is not possible as it is static final.

Here you see a screenshot from jprofiler. This is the CPU Hotspot
view. Projection and drawing are taking most of the cpu, but I think
Debug is taking way too much.
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~halset/tmp/20070207-openmap-jprofiler.png

Is there a master plan for logging in openmap? Like switching to a
more common logging solution. Or should I hack my own Debug to set
Debug.On to false?

  - Tore.