[OpenMap Users] SpacialIndex synchronization problem

From: F.Bayliss <bayliss_at_alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:17:08 -0400

FYI...

Okay, I'm no expert on this code but I had to add a synchronized(ssx) {)
block around the code in locateRecords() to protect concurrent access to
'ssx'.

The reason is I had changed locateRecords to public (my copy) so I could
make use of this function in determining when a layer is visible to the
screen. When the function returned an empty array I knew not to display
the layer. The problem I found was ssx was changing in other threads
while I was access this function in my thread.

I just thought I'd let people know.

Thanks
Frank