Re: [OpenMap Users] VPF Layers From Physical Memory

From: Nathan Gewecke <nathan.gewecke_at_3phoenix.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:06:05 -0400

> Could this be a byte-order problem? What you are trying to do sounds
> fine, I'd key into why the BBF is trying to read in so many bytes.
>

> Regards,
>
> - Don

Hey Don,

I looked into the ByteOrder... before you mentioned it, my problem wasnt
there. It was with the mimicing of the read() call where it returns a
specific int from 0-255. I made the mistake of assuming that
Byte.intValue() would return the correct number. However it returned the
2's Complement of the byte which doesnt help... so I built a short from an
all 0 byte and the byte trying to read from and then converted that to an
int... effectively giving back a number from 0-255 rather than a number -127
to 127. Took me awhile to figure this out... and it works just fine now.

Thanks though,
Nathan Gewecke