FW: [OpenMap Users] Use of OMRect (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Lackey, Michael B. (SED/BTI) <"Lackey,>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:42:46 -0500

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Don,

You are 100% correct... there was something going on in *my* code.

I started with location layer as basis for our app, since it most
closeley fit our needs. However, was also had requirements to draw a
few rectangles on the map.

During prepare(), the layer calls the layerHandlers to obtain a list of
all graphics which should be rendered/painted. For rectangles, the
layerHandler was checking only one point of the rectangle (the n/w
point), and not all points of the rectangle (as it should). Which
resulted in this incorrect behavior: if north lat or east lon are
visible, place rectangle on graphics list, else disregard it. The result
was that rectangle would not be drawn, even when south lat or east lon
should have been visible.

I modified the code in our LocationLayer "get()" function to check for
special cases of rectangles, and for rectangles to check all 4 corners.
Problem was resolved.

Chalk it up to "headspace error" on my part.

Mike Lackey
Brockwell Technologies, Inc.
256-876-0167