[OpenMap Users] Generate DTED like map from text files

From: Mariusz Chmielewski <mchmielewski_at_wat.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:00:27 +0100

I have an urgent question about generating an DTED like raster image. I
have prepared a data in text form based on the work in NEST project
shown on the OpenMap website. The data is teh depth map of Baltic see.
So far I have managed to write a cache object for reading my data and
layer showing a depth of the selected point in Gesture mode. The problem
is that I also want to generate a raster image of the depth grid.

public OMRaster getSeeMapFrame(Projection proj) throws RemoteException {
        OMRaster result = null;
        if ((proj != null) && (proj instanceof EqualArc)) {
            dataGrid.generate(proj);
            SlopeGenerator sg = new SlopeGenerator();
            result = sg.generateRasterForProjection(dataGrid, proj);
        }
        return result;
    }

this is my server's method for creating a Raster based on the current
projection. I check it in the debugger .. the raster is null.. What is
the problem ? Perhaps I cannot understand the concept of the Data Grid
object.

Any opinions?