[OpenMap Users] Problem minimizing a jinternalframe

From: Graham, John <j.graham_at_ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:11:45 -0600

Hi,

I am creating a JInternalFrame that is displayed using
com.bbn.openmap.gui.WindowSupport displayInWindow.
The window displays fine and I can maximize and close the window. The
problem is, I can't seem to minimize the window.
I extended WindowSupport to implement InternalFrameListener and I added
a internalFrameIconified method that calls setIcon(true) on the
JInternalFrame when the minimize button is clicked...but the window
still remains 'normal'. Peeking inside the JInternalFrame with the
debugger, I can see that isIcon is set to true when I click minimize. I
also made sure that the JInternalFrame is iconifiable by calling
setIconifiable(true). setIcon just fires an INTERNAL_FRAME_DEICONIFIED
event. setIcon throws a PropertyVetoException when the property change
event is vetoed bu the JInternalFrame, and I am not getting this
exception. Theoretically, I should't even need to extend WindowSupport
based on thumbing through the code - as iconification is already
supported. Any clues?

John W. Graham
Northrop Grumman Defense Group Simulation & Training
Civil Effects Leadership Training Simulation (CELTS)
(407) 243-2021
j.graham_at_ngc.com