RE: [OpenMap Users] Problem with rendering icons

From: Ted <theodore.wong_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:30:01 -0500

Hi,

I've followed up on the issues. I don't know if the gif file is
properly defined or the code is broken.

I've traced the problem to:

OMRaster(float lt, float ln, image ii)

lt = 0 //lat
ln = 0 //lon
ii = data/icons/airport.gif // from the openmap.properties file.

Then, an exception is thrown:
OMRasterObject.render: Attempting to draw a image that is not ready: Image
probably wasn't
available.

I believe that this exception is a check based on the dimensions of the
gif/image.

OMRaster appears again in an attempt to render with values:

0.0
0.0
sun.awt.image.ToolkitImage_at_129e5e9

Further in the procressing:
OMRasterObject is called to render the gif in pixel coordinates.

public void render(graphics g)
 g=g.drawimage(bitmap, point1.x, point1.y, this);

public abstract boolean drawimage( image img, int x, int y, imageobserver
observer) ic called.

Then, the message appears:
Then, an exception is thrown:
OMRasterObject.render: Attempting to draw a image that is not ready: Image
probably wasn't
available.

Has anyone seen this problem or know of a solution? If so, I would
appreciate a post.

Thanks,

Ted