Re: [OpenMap Users] Animation in two separate layers.

From: Carsten Ø. Madsen <com_at_navicon.dk>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:48:03 +0100

Hi

I would guess that the two layers needs to be synchronized animation
wise somehow to eliminate the flickering. Maybe a time since last
animation could be used to avoid that one layer (bottom) finishing a
redraw triggers a redraw of the top layer. The default doPrepare will
kick off two threads and if the bottom layer finishes before the top
layer this will cause the thread preparing the top layer to be canceled
(and vice versa) and new thread will be kicked off this all depends on
the timing between the two layers.

An alternative is to implement a new policy
http://www.openmap.org/doc/api/com/bbn/openmap/layer/policy/package-summary.html
or perhaps try
using the single threaded StandardRenderPolicy.

BR
Carsten