Re: [OpenMap Users] How do I repaint() a single layer on the map?

From: Davidian <kroberts_at_syrres.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 05:51:51 -0800 (PST)

I've tried calling doPrepare() rather than repaint(), but the behavior is the
same. I think I've tracked down why all of the layers are repainting each
time, but I'm can't see a way to fix it.

It looks like when repaint() is called on a class that extends
com.bbn.openmap.Layer that that Layer is then passed to the repaint(Layer
layer). This method then passes the Layer to the repaint(Layer layer)
method of th StandardMapBeanRepaintPolicy class, which then just calls the
plain repaint() method (no parameters) of the MapBean class.

Since MapBean is a JComponent, I think it probably just calls repaint() on
all of it's children. I could be wrong, but this is my guess.

So, the question is, how do I stop this from happening? :) Overriding the
repaint(Layer layer) method of the StandardMapBeanRepaintPolicy doesn't seem
like it will work because: what would I call there? You can't call
repaint() on the Layer because it will just loop back around infinitely.

Still looking for ideas...

Thanks,

Kennedy