[OpenMap Users] Moving the map like Google

From: F.Bayliss <bayliss_at_alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:11:54 -0400

Hello,

I've been asked by my upper management to once again mimic the way
Google allows the user to move the map. I've spent a lot of time on
this, too much, and I don't see anyway it can work. I have several,
several layers and the time it takes to process and draw a map movement
event is slow and that results in a choppy map picture. I've tried
several approaches, the best being drawing the map to an image buffer
and replacing the map with that, letting them move what they think is
the map. But this isn't acceptable because it takes time to create the
image. I was hoping the experts had a better idea.

Thanks
Frank