[OpenMap Users] SimpleBeanLayer or InteractionLayer?

From: Adams Tan <nikida78_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:35:43 +0800

Hi,

I am fairly new to OpenMap API, and have the following queries regarding the
abovementioned subject.

A little background first; I am animating a large amount of objects (up to
5000), movement of each objects varies, some (500 objects) will move every 5
secs, the rest every 1 min.

I started extending the InteractionLayer and use a Swing Timer to animate
the objects. Lately, i've discovered that I can also use SimpleBeanLayer, as
long as I make my objects extend from SimpleBeanObject.

I do like the drag n drop functionality, but it is not strictly necessary.

Hence, should I stick to InteractionLayer? Or switch to SimpleBeanLayer?

Please advise...

Adams Tan