Re: [OpenMap Users] Alternate World File for Image Tile Layer?

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:53:38 -0500

Hi Chris,

Yes, the original coordinates aren't in WGS-84, they are UTM
coordinates for zone 17N.

That explains why the image doesn't match up, too, the projection of
the image doesn't match the projection of the map. The pixels of the
image have constant distance proportions, and WGS84 has constant
degree proportions.

This would also explain why the scale values are so different, too.
So to get the image to match perfectly, you'd need to re-project the
image. You can use gdal for that.

-- Don