Re: [OpenMap Users] Layer repaint problem

From: JayDub <justcallmejay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

Okay... just wanted to think out loud before I actually gave a shot _at_ trying
this. I notice that the conversion process in postgis (converting the bytes
to geometries) takes QUITE a bit of time. I think time could be saved by
only removing the graphics that are "dirty" so to speak and only add the new
graphics based on what is not currently being shown.

This would be great for:
 - small movements.. panning along and so on

This gets complicated though when you start talking about zooming... because
unless the graphics can be nicely resized and repositioned... they're just
as good as dirty.

So the question is do you think that a heuristic based repaint (based on
projection changes) will be in turn faster than a whole graphic repaint each
time?