Re: [OpenMap Users] Displaying S57 data

From: Tore Halset <halset_at_pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 21:16:14 +0200

Hello.

We in Electronic Chart Centre ( http://www.ecc.no/ ) has created S57/S52 implementation based on OpenMap and JTS. It is packaged and sold as a java server application. It has web interface for administration of users, upload of S57 data and a separate style editor where all of the S52 parameters can be set. Clients connect via WMS. It has lots of nice features like autodownload/import of S57 data, GeoRSS integration with GeoWebCache for serving tiles, GetFeatureInfo with html, text or GeoJSON formatting. If you are interested, please contact.

Our OpenMap based S57/S52 WMS Server is used to deliver PRIMAR Web Chart Service[1] to lots of Governmental users in Europe like the Estonian Maritime Administration[2], the Norwegian Coastal Directorate[3].

If you just want depth contours and soundings, then you could use ogr2ogr to convert the S57 data to shape or PostGIS and then create a simple OpenMap layer to display the information the way you want to.

Regards,
 - Tore.
[1] http://www.primar.no/?module=Articles;action=Article.publicShow;ID=14157
[2] http://xgis.maaamet.ee/xGIS/XGis (flash client. not tile based)