[OpenMap Users] OMScalingRaster serialization problem (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Kacirek, Benjamin P CIV USA TRADOC <ben.kacirek_at_us.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:45:07 -0500

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello,
I was trying to serialize OMScalingIcons when I came across a bug with
OMScalingRaster. It kept failing when I tried to serialize the objects.
I kind of hacked together a work around. I made the "protected
BufferedImage sourceImage" transient. Then copied and pasted the
writeObject and readObject methods from OMRaster. The only change I made
to those methods was have readObject call setImage(bitmap) after reading
in the object data. I'm sure there is a better solution to this problem
than my quick fix.

Thanks,
-Ben