Re: [OpenMap Users] OMGraphic DnD

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:16:48 -0500

Hey Masta,

If you have an icon on the map, it really falls outside of the realm
of DnD mechanisms. If you are using OMGraphics, you need to use the
OMDrawingTool to edit the location of OMGraphics. The easiest place
to start is to look at the com.bbn.openmap.layer.DemoLayer, and look
at the isSelectable(OMGraphic) and select(OMGraphicList) methods. You
can also check out the findAndInit(Object) method for seeing how an
OMDrawingTool is found by the layer in the application.

The DemoLayer assumes that the OMDrawingTool has been added to the
MapHandler. If you are using the standard OpenMap application, this
is done by adding entries to the openmap.components property in the
openmap.properties file.

If you aren't using the OpenMap app or the MapHandler, let me know
(but you should be using a MapHandler if you aren't).

Cheers,

Don