[OpenMap Users] Problem with offset and azimuth from Geo class.

From: Ruben DF <rdocasalf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:09:43 +0200

Hi to everybody.

I'm writting you because of a problem related to Geo class and offset and
azimuth methods. The problem is that if you have Geo g1 point and Geo g2
point and you find out the azimuth and distance between g1 and g2,
afterwards you find out the offset from g1 to g2 (knowing the previous
azimuth and distance) and, surprisingly, g1 is not on g2, and should
be...anyone else has this problem?

I need to solve this because I'm doing an app where the degrees introduced
must be regarding UTM north, instead of Geographical North, so I need to
find out the azimuth between 2 points (regarding Geo north) and
adding-subtracting the convergece in order to get the azimuth regarding UTM
north.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Ruben