[OpenMap Users] Swing components inside map?

From: Peter Solderitsch <psolderitsch_at_gestalt-llc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:18:40 -0400

All,

I'm trying to implement a feature that works something like this: User
clicks on a graphic (OMGraphic subclass of some kind) on the map. In
response, a java panel/swing component of some kind, which may have its
own nested gui controls like buttons or list boxes, is displayed at a
particular x,y offset from that selected graphic on the map.

Moreover, I'd like it to be possible for more than one of these
components to be overlaid at a given time (n of them, where n is the
number of OMGraphics on the map that are currently in "selected" state).

Our current version of the app displays a complicated set of other
OMGraphics (lines, rectangles, OMText lines, etc) as the popup control,
but you don't get the full features this way (basically, since that
panel is made up of OMGraphics, all you can really do is
select/deselect/drag and drop).

In my first crawl through the javadoc, I haven't found a straightforward
approach to this problem yet - I'm writing this in the hope that it's
obvious and I've missed it, or that someone else has tackled this (or
someone to tell me it's impossible).

Thanks,
-Peter

--