[OpenMap Users] Visibility and OMScalingRaster

From: Peter Solderitsch <psolderitsch_at_gestalt-llc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:05:09 -0400

All,

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I didn't see anything
about it in the mailing list archives.

I believe that OMScalingRaster (and its subclasses, like OMScalingIcon)
have a bug that prevents objects of that type to ever be successfully
set as invisible.

I've been trying to track down behavior where I would set an
OMGraphicList as invisible, and all the graphics in the list except for
the scaling rasters would be correctly invisible, but the rasters
remained on screen. Doing some digging, it looks to me like the
scaleTo(Projection) method in OMScalingRaster.java does not make an
attempt to preserve the visibility set on the graphic prior to the
scaleTo() method being called; rather, it always sets visibility to
'true'.

I fixed my immediate need by subclassing OMScalingIcon (which was the
class I was using), and overriding scaleTo() to first remember the prior
visibility state, and then re-set the visibility after the
super.scaleTo() has been called. However, I believe this is probably a
good candidate to get fixed in the main source branch.

Thanks,
-Peter