Re: [OpenMap Users] RPF Visibility

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:34:47 -0500

On Mar 23, 2005, at 10:05 AM, Chris Allport wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Don Dietrick wrote:
>
>> The projection code has been updated (since the deprecation of the
>> "old
>> method"). The init code looks like the following:
>>
>> --mapHandler.add(new LayerHandler());
>
> So, what are the values of the projection when you expect to see RPF
> data, and what kind of RPF data do you have?
>
> * Sorry, I don't understand. We have a bunch of disks from NIMA/NGA
> in my
> lab, and we just started using those. Since this "just worked" in
> v4.6, we
> never questioned it. The maps cover much of the eastern seaboard, so I
> expect to see maps all around 37N 77W (southern Maryland) at most map
> scales. I tried reverting back to the deprecated projection code and
> that
> does not work either.

I was wondering if the scale of the map projection matched the scales
required by the chart types you have.

If the maps worked before, they should work now.

>> I have also tried turning on debug (via command line) for RPF and
>> receive no
>> messages.
>
> -Ddebug.rpf
>
> If you aren't seeing any messages from that, then it sounds like the
> layer isn't getting connected to the map. Are you adding a
> LayerHandler to the MapHandler? That's the thing that connects the
> layers to the MapBean, depending on their visibility.
>
> * Before adding any layers to the mapHandler, I add a LayerHandler.
> Just to
> make sure I am rendering layers, I added one of my custom layers and I
> am
> able to see the data it renders to the screen. In addition, I created
> a VPF
> Layer, and aside from some error messages, it too appeared to work. I
> add
> the vpfLayer with the same calls (except for also calling vpf's load
> function). Regardless of using the -Ddebug.rpf, Debug.output and
> Debug.error messages are printed.

I would focus on this. The fact that -Ddebug.rpf doesn't produce any
messages tells me the layer isn't active, it isn't being added to the
MapBean.

- Don